View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Addressing COVID-19 & Overheating in Non-Profit Housing
May 13 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Hotter days are on their way, and with COVID-19 protocols still in place, building operations staff need to be ready for extreme hot weather and potential wildfires contributing to poor air quality. Join the BC Non-Profit Housing Association and their panel of experts to hear how to respond to extreme heat combined with pandemic protocols in low-rise buildings and single family homes.
Speakers include a non-profit housing provider, an expert on environmental health and disease control and sustainability practitioners involved in preparing for extreme heat and poor air quality events:
- Angela Eykelbosh, Environmental Health Scientist, BC Centre for Disease Control
- Ulryke Weissgerber, Division Manager, Metro Vancouver Housing
- Chris Higgins, Green Building Planner, City of Vancouver
- Tamsin Mills, Senior Sustainability Specialist, City of Vancouver
Session moderator: Jackie Kanyuk, Program Delivery Manager, Asset Management, BCNPHA
- Understand the effects of extreme heat in low- and high-rise buildings and ways to mitigate it.
- Details about effective cleaning products and protocols to protect against COVID-19 transmission.
- How and where to access low cost/no cost tools and resources to prepare for the effects of extreme heat and poor air quality events.
Click here to register.