View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam – Vancouver
June 28 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
There are two methods of becoming a certified Passive House Designer or Consultant: through submission of a certified Passive House project, or by passing the standardized international exam. Examination dates are fixed by the Passive House Institute (PHI) and offered by Passive House Canada in cooperation with PHI. Certified Designers and Consultants will be listed on Passive House Canada’s website, as well as the international database. For information on certification via project design and documentation please see PHI’s Project Qualification page.
The exam is thorough and time-limited, and it is not recommended that you attempt the exam without first taking courses 120A, 120B and 120C offered by Passive House Canada.
The exam is three hours in length and must be written in person. Participants must supply a valid PHPP registration number in order to write the exam. PHPP can be purchased Passive House Canada’s website here. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
- Passive House definition
- Passive House criteria
- Thermally insulating envelope
- Airtight building envelope
- Transparent exterior components
- Passive House ventilation
- Heat supply system
- Hot water generation
- Summer comfort and space cooling
- Electrical energy
- Energy balancing
- Economic efficiency calculation
- Invitation to tender, construction management and quality assurance
- Building user information and support
- Retrofitting with Passive House components (EnerPHit)
- Calculations, quantities, units
Click here to register.