View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Heat Pump Water Heating Training & Tours
September 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
You are invited to an exclusive training session on central heat pump water heating (HPWH) systems for multifamily buildings. This day of in-depth learning includes talks by Ecotope’s HPWH design engineers and researchers, and tours of some recently completed projects in Seattle. Space is limited at this invitation-only event.
Ecotope will bring together representatives from their partners across the HPWH industry, including manufacturers, contractors, architects, distributors, affordable and market rate developers, municipal project managers, utilities, energy efficiency researchers, and energy planning organizations.
Together event participants and speakers will uncover the challenges, successes, and knowledge gaps to track a pathway for transformation—away from a reliance on electric resistance and fossil gas for water heating.
The program includes tours of three central HPWH projects in multifamily buildings in Seattle. Led by Ecotope design engineers, the tours will cover a range of projects including affordable and market rate housing, new construction and retrofit, R134a and CO2 refrigerants, air-source and water-source.
After the tours there will be presentations that highlight lessons learned, critical design factors, and research & technology gaps identified through Ecotope’s engineering and research experience in this area. You’ll get a chance to hear the perspectives of people from all areas of this marketplace.
- Learn about the range of HPWH products in the marketplace and appropriate applications for each.
- Understand the critical design features that will make or break the performance of these systems.
- Uncover the research, market, and technology gaps that are standing in the way of rapid, large-scale adoption of these products across the multifamily sector.
- See a sample of projects in operation to better understand the scale, configuration, and physical challenges posed by this technology.
- Connect with key players across the spectrum who are needed to achieve transformation of this industry.
8:00 – 8:45am: Coffee & Welcome
9:00 – 11:45am: Off-site tours of 3 completed multifamily HPWH projects
12:00 – 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00 – 4:00pm: Presentations & Discussion
4:00 – 6:00pm: Happy Hour
Morning coffee, lunch, and happy hour are included in the tuition fee, as is transportation to and from the off-site tours.
Click here to register.