View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
How to Identify and Drive Down Embodied Carbon in Buildings 310
July 30 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
This is an introductory course on embodied carbon geared towards construction professionals and policy makers. The course provides a high-level overview of the importance of embodied carbon, how to reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with the built environment, as well as a summary of embodied carbon calculation tools available to construction professionals.
- Understand the difference between Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Identify the different lifecycle stages of construction materials.
- Understand the difference between operational and embodied greenhouse gas emissions.
- Identify the primary sources of operational and embodied greenhouse gas emissions for buildings.
- Quantify the relative importance of embodied emissions per building element.
- Apply best practices for construction material sourcing to reduce embodied emissions.
- Optimize building envelope design to minimize lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions.
- Select appropriate embodied carbon calculation software based on scope of analysis.
- Passive House Designers and Consultants
- Builders, architects, architectural technologist and engineers
- Building officials and planners
- Anyone interested in the subject
- Date: Thursday, July 30
- Time: 11:30am to 1:30pm
Click here to register.