View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Passive House Canada: House Designer/Consultant Exam
December 7 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam – Vancouver
There are two methods of becoming a certified Passive House Designer or Consultant:
- Through submission of a certified Passive House project; or
- By passing the standardized international exam.
Examination dates are fixed by the Passive House Institute (PHI) and offered by Passive House Canada in cooperation with PHI. Certified Designers and Consultants will be listed on the Passive House Canada website, as well as the international database. For information on certification via project design and documentation please see PHI’s Project Qualification page.
The exam is thorough and time-limited. It is not recommended that you attempt the exam without first taking courses 120A, 120B and 120C offered by Passive House Canada.
The exam is three hours in length and must be written in person. Participants must supply a valid PHPP registration number in order to write the exam. PHPP can be purchased on the Passive House website. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- It is highly recommended that participants take an exam preparation course (120C online or in-class)
- Calculator (cell phones are not permitted, calculators must be non-programmable, ie no graphing calculators), pens, ruler, government-issued photo ID (eg. Driver’s licence), professional qualifications (if applying for “Designer” designation)
- Examinees are required to supply a valid PHPP registration number in order to write the exam.
- If you do not yet own a copy of PHPP, one can be purchased from the Passive House Canada website. Please allow at least one week for delivery.