View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Tall Wood Design: Getting into the Details
February 11 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop provides participants with innovative ideas and solutions for tall wood design under the 2020 National Building Code recently adopted by BC.
The workshop brings experts from Europe and across Canada to share insights, innovative approaches and ideas to solve problems – often thought difficult for tall wood and mass timber structures. These experts will present on the latest innovations in acoustics, curtain and building envelope wall designs, and fire considerations for these new building types to achieve high levels of comfort, performance and safety for occupants all in a cost-effective manner.
This is a new learning event that will provide practical ideas and knowledge for your design and building practice.
- Practical considerations for tall wood and mass timber: today and into the future
- Ilana Danzig, P.Eng., M.Eng., PE, SE, – Aspect Structural Engineers (Vancouver)
- Building enclosures for mass timber buildings
- Lorne Ricketts, Principal, Building Science Specialist, RDH Building Science Inc. (Vancouver)
- Acoustics in wooden structures
- Paola Brugnara, Technical Consultant, Rothoblass, Cortaccia (Italy)
- Encapsulated mass timber: a new construction type for the 2020 NBC
- Marc Alam, Manager, Codes & Standards – Fire, Canadian Wood Council (Ottawa)
- Acoustic solutions for tall, mass and heavy timber structures
- Tim Praeger, B.A.Sc., P.Eng., Principal at Aercoustics Engineering (Toronto)
- Practice guidelines: encapsulated mass timber construction up to 12-storeys
- Allison DenToom, P.Eng., P.E. – Practice Advisor, Professional Practice, Standards & Development, Engineers and Geoscientists (Burnaby)
Click here to register.