View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Thermal Bridging Training: How-To Workshop for Practitioners
March 5 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The building performance landscape in BC has changed, with a renewed focus on building envelopes. The BC Building Code, the Vancouver Building Bylaw, as well as standards like Passive House and Canada Green Building Council’s (CaGBC) Zero Carbon Building all require the evaluation of thermal bridging performance. A wholistic approach to building envelope thermal performance is now leading design processes, shifting the conversation towards the use of data and technology as a way to optimize project budgets with minimal disruption.
ZEBx, in partnership with Morrison Hershfield and BC Hydro, will host a half-day hands-on workshop for practitioners that presents the language, calculation methodologies and supporting tools for assessing thermal bridging within the requirements of BC’s latest energy codes. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of:
- Building envelope thermal performance terminology
- Calculation procedures for assessing overall building envelope thermal performance, including thermal bridging impacts
- Thermal bridging mitigation strategies for improving overall building envelope thermal performance
- Use of thermal performance values into heat loss and energy model calculations and programs
- New tools and databases for supporting calculations for building envelope thermal performance
Neil Norris, M.A.Sc, P.Eng.
Building Science Engineer – Morrison Hershfield
Neil is a Building Science Engineer at Morrison Hershfield with a focus on building envelope component modelling and analysis. Neil is the technical lead for MH’s 3D heat transfer analysis of building envelope components and has worked with numerous manufacturers to evaluate the thermal performance of building envelopes systems.
8:00am – Registration and light breakfast
8:30am – Welcoming remarks from ZEBx and BC Hydro
8:45am – Hands on How-To Workshop for Practitioners
12:00pm – Workshops ends
Click here to register.