View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package 120B
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Understanding and working with PHPP will enable you to take on your first Passive House project. This Passive House Canada course provides step-by-step instruction for using the PHPP energy modelling software, which is essential for designing a Passive House building.
Participants will learn the structure, inputs and outputs of PHPP, and how to select appropriate climate data sets and record building measurements. The course includes modelling a sample Canadian project, where participants will assess building heat loss, energy demand and summertime overheating risk, as well as looking at the reliability of data sources and how design decisions impact the building energy demand.
- Introduction and overview of PHPP, treated floor areas and U-values for assemblies
- Heat loss areas and thermal bridging calculations
- Ground calculations and energy implications
- Window components and inputs, shading, ventilation volumes and airflow
- Heating demand and load, summer cooling requirements and ventilation
- Domestic hot water energy, electrical and other energy demands, renewable energy (PER)
- Those who will be directly involved in the design, construction and energy modelling of Passive House buildings, including architects, engineers and design professionals.
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
- Dates: August 17 to August 19 (each day) and August 24 to August 26 (each day)
- Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Click here to register.