View industry events, share knowledge about zero emission buildings
or get in touch to add your own event to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Workshop: Integrated Project Delivery – An Action Guide for Leaders
February 13 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Published in June of 2018, Integrated Project Delivery: An Action Guide for Leaders provides owners and other project leaders with how-to knowledge—not advice or a sales tool—on how to facilitate and lead Integrated Project Delivery (IPD). This instruction guide helps leaders determine whether IPD is right for their project and the steps needed to make IPD a reality and a success.
Currently, there are several documents, such as the AIA IPD Guide of 2007, that describe IPD. But for an owner, or other stakeholder leader, there was until now no simple document that answered the question, “Ok, I know I want to try IPD. What do I do next?” The Action Guide answers that question and assists participants in getting over the inertia of the first step, filling a gap in available IPD knowledge and content.
The workshop will provide an overview of the Guide, address Validation, Culture, Financial issues, What Goes Wrong, and How to Get Started, in a combination of presentation, discussion, and interactive activities. The workshop will be facilitated by a multi-disciplinary team including owner, architect, and constructor.
After this workshop, attendees should be able to:
- Create a strategy for tangible next steps to implement Lean IPD in their projects
- Describe the goals and processes in a typical IPD validation process and tailor them for their projects
- Explain how financial tracking and projections work in Lean IPD projects
- Anticipate what might go wrong in a Lean IPD project and what to do about it
- Compare and contrast the cultural expectations of Lean IPD compared to traditional projects
Markku Allison, VP Strategy + Innovation – Chandos Construction; and President, Integrated Project Delivery – Alliance
Jennifer Hancock, Director Innovative Construction – Chandos Construction
- AIBC: 2.75 Core LUs
- BC Housing: 3 CPDs
- BOMI: 3.0 CPDs
- General Hours IDCEC Approved: 3.0
Click here for more information and to register for the Buildex 2019 – Vancouver.