**Updated with new criteria.
Are you passionate about green building? Looking to apply you background in engineering or building science to help BC build more resilient and low carbon cities?
We are seeking an energetic professional with relevant industry experience, strong analytical skills, and solid work ethic.
Reporting to and under the mentorship of the Executive Director, the Program Manager assists in all aspects of ZEBx’s program planning, development, and delivery; helps to realize the organization’s objectives; builds its audience and community; and plays an active role in the administration of ZEBx’s physical and virtual resource platform.
By keeping up with industry trends and developments, the Program Manager will leverage their technical background to inform ZEBx content, including event and research topics, and new partnership opportunities. Applying their expertise in building science, engineering or architecture, the successful candidate will attend meetings with key stakeholders, including industry leaders, utilities, and government to help identify and understand common knowledge gaps and bring that information back to the organization. The Program Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to determine a roadmap to address this information and effectively support industry in achieving higher building standards. The candidate will also work alongside the Communications and Partnerships Manager, and the Research Manager to help mobilize content, research and programming that will engage key target audiences.
- Participate in the conceptualization, design, content, and delivery of ZEBx’s programs and events;
- Develop technical topic ideas for training, events and programs that respond to industry needs
- Support the logistics of program and event activity, as well as post-event follow-up, including curated technical recaps for posting on ZEBx’s website;
- Conduct secondary research and work with subject matter experts to develop industry resources, such as case studies, primers, curated summaries of relevant research, etc.
- Assist in developing a web presence (website, blog, social media) and website content to further ZEBx’s thought leadership in Zero Emission Buildings;
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in high performance buildings in Vancouver and throughout BC;
- Maintain a working knowledge of Vancouver’s relevant buildings programs and events;
- Attend and assist in hosting ZEBx programs and events;
- Assist to facilitate partnerships with professional organizations and academic institutions.
- Assess comprehensive program and research needs with the Executive Director, formulate objectives that include evaluation of performance metrics and provide recommendations on priorities
- Identify training and education capacity gaps and develop appropriate training opportunities (either directly or in collaboration with training partners).
- Develop and maintain the Exchange’s database of relevant education and training programs and be familiar with the course contents and learning outcomes.
- Candidates with Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture, Engineering, Sustainable Development/Management, Environmental Sciences or related fields will be preferred.
- Candidates with working knowledge of building science and direct building industry experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent references from post-university work experience required. Minimum 3-5 years work experience.
- Familiarity with the Vancouver real estate market and actors a plus.
ZEBx offers competitive salaries and a benefits package, salary commensurate with experience.
Click here to apply! Or email your resume and coverletter to email@example.com